Runaway Bay Seagulls
|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Runaway Bay Seagulls RLFC|
|Competition||Gold Coast Rugby League|
The Runaway Bay Seagulls is a rugby league club based on the northern end of the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. They play out of Bycroft Oval and their colours are Navy Blue, Red & White.
The Seagulls' first season in the Gold Coast Rugby League competition was in 1979 but did not win their first 1st grade title until 1997 when they defeated Cudgen 18-17 in the Gold Coast -Group 18 competition. They won again in 2000 by easily accounting for Burleigh 32-0.
Runaway Bay joined the Mixwell Cup in 2003 but have struggled to compete in both A Grade and Colts sometimes forfeiting matches due to lack of players. It is expected they will pull out of the competition in 2006 and concentrate their efforts fully on the Gold Coast Rugby League.
Notable First Grade Players that have played at Runaway Bay Seagulls include:
- Ian Turner
- Peter Jackson (1987-93 Canberra Raiders, Brisbane & North Sydney)
- Brett Horsnell (1989-98 Gold Coast, South Qld & Parramatta Eels)
- Scott Sattler (1992-04 Penrith Panthers, West Tigers & Gold Coast)
- Nathan Antonik (1996-97 South Queensland Crushers)
- Jeremy Smith (2004- Melbourne Storm, St George, Cronulla & Newcastle)
- Tim Smith (2005- Parramatta Eels, Wigan, Cronulla, Wakefield Trinity & Salford)
- Jace Van Dijk (2006-09 Celtic Crusaders)
- Jarrod Wallace (2012- Brisbane Broncos)
- Brendan Elliot (2014- Sydney Roosters)
|This article about an Australian sports team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a rugby league football team or club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|