This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1 List of rundowns
- 1.1 Cause Resurgence Rundown
- 1.2 Clear Certainty Rundown
- 1.3 Est Repair Rundown
- 1.4 False Purpose Rundown (FPRD)
- 1.5 Introspection Rundown
- 1.6 Livingness Repair Rundown
- 1.7 Primary Rundown
- 1.8 PTS Rundown
- 1.9 Purification Rundown
- 1.10 South African Rundown
- 1.11 Super Power Rundown
- 1.12 Vital Information Rundown
- 1.13 Wants Handled Rundown
- 2 References
- 3 External links
List of rundowns
Cause Resurgence Rundown
Clear Certainty Rundown
Est Repair Rundown
"Some people formerly involved in the practices of a group called est (Erhard Seminars Training) have been found to need case repair. This rundown corrects any damage caused by est's practices, so that it does not hinder any spiritual progress in Dianetics and Scientology training." 
False Purpose Rundown (FPRD)
This Rundown was first introduced in 1984, although previously its principles were already in use in "Expanded Dianetics". This rundown is specifically designed to detect "evil purposes or evil intentions." The False Purpose Rundown, often referred as the FPRD, is available as a service in most Scientology organizations. It is also in use by the so-called Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF), where Sea Org staff may be sent as an opportunity to correct themselves, although it is considered by some a means of punishment. In some cases a person sometimes is audited for over a year, until the person considers, himself, "free of evil intentions".
This is a procedure that is intended to handle a psychotic break or complete mental breakdown. This rundown made worldwide headlines during the investigation of Lisa McPherson's death at the Fort Harrison Hotel.
Livingness Repair Rundown
Also known as "Life Repair". According to What is Scientology? (1978 edition), "This is a brand new Rundown to be used by the Missions of the Church of Scientology in the handling of new public. This Rundown isolates and addresses the major area the individual has run up against in life that is causing him difficulty, and handles it through a specially formulated program exactly tailored to the individual's need." 
The Primary Rundown "consists of word clearing and Study Tech. It makes a student Super-Literate." It involves clearing (looking up in a dictionary and using in sentences) words encountered in past studies that were not understood. Additionally, one clears the more than 2000 words found on the Study Tapes and Student Hat course.
The PTS ("Potential Trouble Source") rundown is administered to Scientologists who have been designated PTS and must be assessed for Suppressive Person status. It is also for Scientologists (especially Sea Org members) who have fallen ill. It is a fundamental Scientology tenet that people with physical illnesses are PTS and/or "out-Ethics", meaning it is a "holding back" of the organization.
- "All sick persons are PTS." - Hubbard, HCOB 20 April 1972
- "...all illness in greater or lesser degree and all foul-ups stem directly and only from a PTS condition." and "...getting rid of that condition requires three basic actions: A. Discover. B. Handle or disconnect." - Hubbard, HCOB 10 August 1973
The Purification Rundown is a detoxification program involving the use of saunas, vitamins, and consuming oils, in excess of what accredited medicine considers safe levels.
South African Rundown
In Hubbard's words, "This rundown is for delivery to South Africans — those who reside in South Africa as well as those who have emigrated to other parts of the world. The South African Rundown has two parts: a. PTS handling; b. Help Processes." 
Hubbard explaining his reasoning for a South African Rundown, "The South African native is probably the one impossible person to train in the entire world - he is probably impossible by any human standard." 
Super Power Rundown
Described in the Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary as "a super fantastic, but confidential series of rundowns that can be done on anybody whether un Clear or not that puts the person into fantastic shape unleashing Super Power of a thetan. This means that puts Scientologists into a new realm of ability enabling them to create a new world." The Super Power Building in Clearwater, Florida was built for the specific purpose of administering this rundown.
According to Dan Koon, a former Scientologist, true information about the Super Power Rundown can be found in a document created by Hubbard himself in 1978, called the “Bright Think Rundown,” which describes how someone must “disassociate” from the past while “getting back into the current time frame.”
Vital Information Rundown
The purpose of this rundown is to increase a person's ability and willingness to relay information. This is important for those who brief, instruct, train, or supervise others.
Wants Handled Rundown
A rundown in which the preclear assesses what he wants to get rid of in his life. According to the Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary, "Handling of each thing the pc wants handled is dictated by what the "thing" (somatic, intention, terminal, condition, doingness) is." 
- Joe Childs and Thomas C. Tobin (August 2, 2009). "Running Program". Scientology Critical Information Directory. Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- http://www.faqs.org/faqs/scientology/new-reader-faq/ - Retrieved 20 January 2009
- Hubbard, What is Scientology?, 1998 softcover edition, pg.680.
- HCOB 5 June 1984 False Purpose Rundown
- RPF - A Sociological Study, by J. Gordon Melton
- Tobin, Thomas C. (2000-03-09). "Scientologists decry toll of criminal case". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- Frantz, Douglas (1997-12-01). "Distrust in Clearwater -- A special report.; Death of a Scientologist Heightens Suspicions in a Florida Town". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- What is Scientology? (1978 hardcover edition)
- What is Scientology? (1998 softcover edition)
- Ex-Scientologists Speak -- "Warrior"
- Narconon Exposed: Is Narconon Safe?
- Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin (HCOB) of October 21, 1973, "The South African Rundown"
- L. Ron Hubbard, Professional Auditor's Bulletin No. 119, 1 September 1957, "The Big Auditing Problem,"
- The Super Power(s) Webpage
- L Ron Hubbard - HCOB 6 October 1974 The Vital Information Rundown...
- Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin (HCOB) of March 28, 1974, "Expanded Dianetics Developments Since the Original Lectures"
- Scientology FAQ: What is the Purification Rundown?, official Church of Scientology description of Purification Rundown