This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||October 7, 1974|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg)|
Rune Glifberg (born October 7, 1974) nicknamed "The Danish Destroyer", is a Danish professional skateboarder. Glifberg is one of just three skaters to compete at every X Games and has a total of 12 X Games medals.
Rune Glifberg was born in Copenhagen, Denmark and began skating at the age of 11 years after a friend brought a skateboard as a gift, which he had bought in the US. He entered his first pro contest in France in 1990, and turned pro in 1992. Rune Glifberg moved from Denmark to Costa Mesa, California after he finished high school in 1995.
In the early 1990s, Glifberg turned professional as a "vert" skater (skateboarding on u-shaped ramps) and relocated to the United States (US). Glifberg signed a contract with Flip Skateboards and, as of September 2012, he remains a member of the company's professional team.
Glifberg was sponsored by shoe company etnies at around the same time as he joined Flip and his second signature shoe was called the "Forsvar", meaning "defend" or "defense" in Danish. As of September 2012, Glifberg has released a line of signature shoes with Converse that consists of "The Allston" and the "Rune Pro Mid" models.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Glifberg is a part-owner of Pipeline Distribution and runs a Copenhagen-based event company "RunEvent". RunEvent was the organizer of 2010's "Burning of the Witch" skateboard contest at Amager Strandpark in Denmark. Burning of the Witch was jointly sponsored by Volcom, one of Glifberg's sponsors, and Thrasher Magazine. RunEvent organized Glifberg's 25th skateboarding anniversary that was held at Fælledparken in Copenhagen during the summer of 2011.
- Flip Skateboards
- Monster Energy
- MOB Griptape
- "X Games Event Spotlights: Skateboard Street & Skateboard Park « The World Famous KROQ". Kroq.cbslocal.com. 2010-07-28. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- Steve Cave (21 April 2013). "About.com Guide". About.com. Archived from the original on 14 April 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Internet Movie Database". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Rockstar Energy Drink: Sports > Skateboarding > Rune Glifberg". Rockstarenergy.no.com. Archived from the original on 2013-06-16. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- Rune Glifberg SKATEBOARDER. "Rune Glifberg Profile - Competition History - ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- "Team « Flip Skateboards | Sworn To Fun Since '91". Flipskateboards.com. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
-  Archived April 2, 2009, at the Wayback Machine