Paris and inner ring departments
|• Mayor||Raymond Charresson|
|Area1||4.2 km2 (1.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||94065 /94150|
58–90 m (190–295 ft) |
(avg. 80 m or 260 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
It is best known as the location of the large wholesale food market serving the Paris metropolitan area and beyond, the Marché d'Intérêt National de Rungis, said to be the largest food market in the world.
The name Rungis was recorded for the first time in a royal charter of 1124 as Rungi Villa.
Rungis is the home base for the headquarters of the Système U supermarket cooperative, Corsair International (previously Corsairfly) and HOP! airlines, and MGA Entertainment's France division.
The community has two preschools (écoles maternelles), Médicis and Les Sources; two elementary schools, Les Antes and La Grange; and one junior high school, collège les Closeaux.
- "Mentions Légales." Système U. Retrieved on 20 November 2010. "Système U Centrale Nationale - Parc Tertiaire SILIC 72/92, avenue Robert Schuman - 94533 Rungis Cede."
- "Historique de Corsairfly." Corsairfly. Retrieved on 2 June 2009.
- "Nos métiers." Corsairfly. Retrieved on 23 September 2009.
- "Legal notice." HOP! Retrieved on April 27, 2013. "HOP! French Limited Company with a capital of 120,028,000 euros Parc tertiaire Silic - 40 rue d’Arcueil - 94150 Rungis, France"
- "Contact Archived 2009-08-22 at the Wayback Machine.." MGA Entertainment. Retrieved on 26 December 2009.
- World Airline Directory. Flight International. 26 March-1 April 1997. "44.
- "Legal Notices Archived 2009-09-20 at the Wayback Machine.." Airlinair. Retrieved on 2 June 2009.
- "Air France Launches New Low-Cost Airline 'Hop!' Archived 2013-06-16 at Archive.is." Reuters. 26 March 2013. Retrieved on 26 April 2013.
- "Les établissements scolaires et les inscriptions." Rungis. Retrieved on September 4, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rungis.|
- Rungis town hall official website (in French)