Runnin' Wild (Airbourne album)
|Studio album by Airbourne|
|Released||23 June 2007|
Capitol (Original U.S. Pressing)|
|Singles from Runnin' Wild|
Runnin' Wild is the debut album by the Australian hard rock band Airbourne. The album was released on 23 June 2007 by the record label EMI and debuted on the ARIA album chart at #21. It debuted at #62 on the UK Album Chart.
The album artwork features the front gate of HM Prison Pentridge.
All tracks written by Joel and Ryan O'Keeffe.
|1.||"Stand Up for Rock 'n' Roll"||4:01|
|3.||"Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast"||3:42|
|4.||"Diamond in the Rough"||2:54|
|7.||"What's Eatin' You"||3:36|
|8.||"Girls in Black"||3:16|
|9.||"Cheap Wine & Cheaper Women"||3:10|
|11.||"Hellfire" (US/UK/Japanese editions only, replaced by "Let's Ride" (3:28) on Australian/New Zealand editions)||2:19|
In addition to the standard bonus tracks above, the limited edition version, containing a bonus DVD with eight live tracks from the band's appearance at the 2008 Wacken Open Air Festival, as well as music videos for the album's three singles. The bonus tracks include two new songs entitled "Heads are Gonna Roll" and "Red Dress Woman", and remakes of three songs from their 2004 EP "Ready to Rock".
- Joel O'Keeffe - lead vocals, lead guitar
- David Roads - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Justin Street - bass, backing vocals
- Ryan O'Keeffe - drums
- Engineer: Dave Schiffman
|Australian Albums Chart||21|
|Austrian Albums Chart||59|
|French Albums Chart||95|
|German Albums Chart||62|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||39|
|Swiss Albums Chart||49|
|UK Album Chart||62|
|US Billboard 200||106|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
|Australia||23 June 2007|
|Japan||23 January 2008|
|United Kingdom||28 January 2008|
|United States||29 January 2008|
|Europe||9 June 2008|
In popular culture
- The song "Runnin' Wild" is featured in the EA Sports video game Madden NFL 08 along with NASCAR 09 and NHL 09. It was also featured in a commercial for the video game Battlefield: Bad Company and as downloadable content for Rock Band and Rock Band 2. The song is also used in ESPN Saturday Night College Football highlights.
- The song "Blackjack" is featured in the video games Need for Speed: ProStreet and NFL Tour.
- The song "Stand Up for Rock 'N' Roll" is featured in NHL 08, the trailer Maximum FirePower for Medal of Honor: Airborne, Madden NFL 09, Bring It On: In It To Win It and in NASCAR 08. The song was also the theme for WWE's Royal Rumble 2008 and the 2009 AHL All-Star Game. It was also featured in an advertisement for the upcoming WWE Network on the 5 September 2011 edition of WWE Raw through the 10 September 2011 edition of WWE SmackDown.
- The song "Let's Ride" is featured in skateboarding video game Skate, in 2008 film College and in teen movie Sex Drive.
- The song "Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast" is featured in Burnout Paradise and is the official theme of NASCAR 09'. It is also featured in the video game Guitar Hero World Tour, in the trailer for the movie I Love You, Beth Cooper and appears in the movies The Lost Boys: The Tribe and Thunderstruck.
- The song "Girls in Black" is featured in the skateboarding video game Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. It is also featured in the video game Need for Speed: Undercover.
- The song "Diamond in the Rough" is constantly used during the NRL games on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons when transitioning to commercial breaks. It is also featured in the film She's Out of My League.
- Allmusic review
- "Artist Direct". Artist Direct. 2008-01-29. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Begrand, Adrien. "PopMatters review". Popmatters.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Sputnikmusic review". Sputnikmusic.com. 2008-05-25. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Charts Retrieved: 28 January 2008
- "Roadrunnerrecords.de". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Archived from the original on 15 January 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "British album certifications – Airbourne – Runnin' Wild". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 30 April 2014. Select albums in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Type Runnin' Wild in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- Magrino, Tom (29 June 2007). "Madden 08 drafts song list". GameSpot. Retrieved 1 July 2007.
- Hayward, Andrew. "Madden NFL 09 Soundtrack Revealed". 1up.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "WWE Network". WWE. 6 September 2011. Retrieved 6 September. Check date values in: