|Directed by||Donald Shebib (credited as D.S. Everett)|
|Written by||Henry Bean|
|Based on||life of Billy Mills|
|Produced by||Ira Englander|
|Edited by||Peter Zinner|
|Music by||Mike Post|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Distribution|
|November 4, 1983|
|Box office||$3 million|
Running Brave is a Canadian biographical sports drama film released in 1983 based on the story of Billy Mills, a member or the Oglala Sioux tribe located in South Dakota. Mills was born on the reservation, and later attended the University of Kansas  where he was recruited by the Olympic running team and won the gold medal in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics for the 10,000 meter race. In one of the great upsets in sports history, Mills sprinted from third place for the win. Mills is still the only American in history to win the Olympic 10,000 meter run. Robby Benson portrays Mills. Pat Hingle and a young Graham Greene also star.
The film is renowned for its accurate and sensitive depiction of Native culture.
- Robby Benson as Billy Mills
- Pat Hingle as Coach Bill Easton
- Claudia Cron as Pat
- Graham Greene as Eddie
- Wendell Smith as Chris Mitchell
- Harkness, John (February 1984). "D.S. Everett's Running Brave". Cinema Canada (104): 18–19.
- Berumen, Frank Javier Garcia (2019). "Representative Films: Running Brave". American Indian Image Makers of Hollywood. McFarland. pp. 200–201. ISBN 9781476636474.
- "Billy Mills: Hero to Native Americans and Olympians everywhere | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA". www.ncaa.org. Archived from the original on 2015-05-01.
- Paraschak, Victoria (2000). "Billy Mills". In Kirsch, George B. (ed.). Encyclopedia of Ethnicity and Sports in the United States. Greenwood. p. 317. ISBN 9780313299117.
- Burfoot, Amby (2009). "Appreciating Your Opponents". Runner's World Complete Book of Running: Everything You Need to Run for Weight Loss, Fitness, and Competition. Rodale Books. p. 142. ISBN 9781605295794.
- Walz, Eugene P., ed. (2002). Canada's Best Features: Critical Essays on 15 Canadian Films. Amsterdam; New York: Editions Rodopi B.V. p. 21. ISBN 9042012099. Retrieved 10 June 2020.
- "Running Brave (1983) - Full Credits - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2020-05-09.