Running With Scissors (company)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Running With Scissors|
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||Tucson, Arizona, U.S.|
|Vince Desi (CEO)|
RWS, Inc., doing business as Running With Scissors, is an American video game developer based in Tucson, Arizona. The company is best known for their Postal series, which was publicly decried by Senator Joe Lieberman and other critics due to its extreme violence.
Running With Scissors was founded in 1996, as a new company devoted to developing mature entertainment products. Some of the founding members were previously employed at Riedel Software Productions, which focused on developing children's games.
Their first game, Postal, was released in 1997, and in April 2003, Running With Scissors released a sequel, Postal 2, featuring ex-child actor Gary Coleman. The game featured many jokes at Senator Lieberman's expense and also featured enemies modeled upon Osama bin Laden.
In December 2011, Postal III, a sequel to Postal 2, was developed in cooperation with TrashMasters Studios and released by Akella. Upon release, the game faced mostly negative reviews from the press, and was distanced from by Running With Scissors.
In February 2016, Running With Scissors announced that the original Postal game was being remade under the name of Postal Redux. It uses the Unreal Engine 4 and was released on May 20, 2016 for Microsoft Windows. The PlayStation 4 version was later cancelled.
- Postal (1997)
- Postal: Special Delivery (1998)
- Flesh and Wire (cancelled in 1999)
- Super Postal (2000)
- Postal 2 (2003)
- Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend (2005)
- Postal III (2011)
- Postal 2: Paradise Lost (2015)
- Postal Redux (2016)
- Arendt, Susan (October 29, 2007). "Special Edition Marks Postal's Tenth Anniversary". Wired. Condé Nast. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- Olafson, Peter (March 31, 2004). "Learning to love mass murder". Salon. Salon Media Group. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- "Postal III Critic Reviews for PC". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- "Q&A Interview: Running With Scissors Inc. CEO Vince Desi". The Life Critic. April 5, 2013. Archived from the original on April 26, 2014. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- Brown, Fraser (April 8, 2015). "Postal 2 is getting another expansion, 12 years after it launched". PCGamesN. Network N. Retrieved May 25, 2016.