This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||South Ribble and Chorley areas, England|
|Campus||Langdale Road, Leyland & Euxton Lane, Chorley|
In the 1990s the college expanded rapidly, undertaking an extensive building programme. Each new building was named after a place in the Lake District (as a nod to the trees and wildlife that make the campus so attractive). The building was to accommodate increasing student numbers as its reputation for high calibre teaching and strong exam results spread beyond the borders of South Ribble and Chorley.
During the phase, the college started to recruit in large numbers from the surrounding towns of Blackburn, Wigan and Preston. The Principal at the time, Bernard O'Connell, was later knighted for his services to education and the college.
Its main campus, in Leyland, is a sixth form college catering for students aged 16–19. The Euxton Lane, Chorley, campus is the centre for adult and higher education. The site also hosts the Runshaw Business Centre, meeting the needs of local small and medium-sized enterprises; and Runshaw Training, offering apprenticeships and vocational training.
- David Unsworth, footballer
- Graeme Ballard, Paralympian athlete
- Holly Bradshaw, pole vaulter
- Derek Draper, New Labour spin doctor
- John Thomson, actor and comedian
- Joe Gilgun, actor
- Kevin Simm and Jessica Taylor, singers with Liberty X
- Lloyd Cole, songwriter was lead singer of Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
- Melissa-Jane Daniel, archery world record-holder
- Michael Jennings, former British champion welterweight boxer
- Tim Farron, MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale and former leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Rachel McCarthy, scientist, poet and broadcaster
- Tom Cahill, footballer
- Tom Smith, England national cricketer
- Samantha Robinson, actress
- Amanda Roocroft, opera singer
- Dave Ryding, alpine ski racer
- Steve Pemberton, actor, writer and comedian
- "History — Runshaw College". Runshaw College. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "The Runshaw Ruby" (PDF). Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Baybutt, Geraldine (30 December 2003). "David hopes to slay 'em on the Slalom". Lancashire Evening Post. Retrieved 7 January 2017.