|Revised Romanization||Cha Hyeongsa|
|Directed by||Shin Tae-ra|
|Written by||Go Young-jae|
|Produced by||Go Gil-su |
|Music by||Choi Seung-hyun|
Film Company Hong
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
Runway Cop (Korean: 차형사; RR: Cha Hyeongsa, literally "Detective Cha") is a 2012 South Korean action comedy film, starring Kang Ji-hwan and Sung Yu-ri and directed by Shin Tae-ra. It tells the story of an overzealous and overweight detective Cha Cheol-soo who goes undercover as a fashion model in order to solve a case. It reunites the two leads since the television series Hong Gil-dong (2008), and is the second film Kang has worked on with Shin since My Girlfriend Is an Agent (2009). It was released on May 30, 2012 by CJ Entertainment and ran for 110 minutes.
Cha Chul-soo (Kang Ji-hwan) is an overzealous and overweight detective who stops at nothing to catch his suspect. He doesn't a waste any precious moment to shower, and dresses in ramshackle and sometimes dirty clothes. However, when another cop was injured and unable to go undercover in the city's biggest criminal cases, he steps up to the plate and accepts the challenge to be transformed into a runway model in 60 days. Among the challenges of losing 20 kilograms in 2 weeks, Cha also have to work with high school alum Ko Young-jae (Sung Yu-ri), who is the designer. Convinced he stinks and will ruin her show, she sets him the impossible. With so much to learn in such a short period of time, Cha case turns into the biggest radical makeover at the hands of fashion designer.
- Kang Ji-hwan - Detective Cha Chul-soo
- Park Bo-gum as young Chul-soo
- Sung Yu-ri - Fashion designer Ko Young-jae
- Kim Young-kwang - Han Seung-woo
- Lee Soo-hyuk - Top model Kim Sun-ho
- Lee Hee-joon - Kyung-Seok
- Shin Min-chul - Min-seung
- Seo Jiayu - herself
- Seo Jini - herself
- "Runaway Cop (2012)". The Chosun Ilbo. 15 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Movie overview: Runway Cop (2012)". CJ Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Suk, Monica (18 April 2012). "Kang Ji-hwan, Sung Yu-ri's comedy "Runway Cop" to hit local theaters next month". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- 성유리-강지환, <차형사> 캐스팅... <7급 공무원> 감독과 작업. 10Asia (in Korean). 13 October 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- Official website (in Korean)