|Born||Sri Rupa Manjari
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
Rupa Manjari is an Indian film actress who has appeared in Tamil as well as Malayalam films. Her mother tongue is Tamil. She made her debut in Nandhini's critically acclaimed Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru (2009), before playing the leading roles in Naan.
Rupa Manjari got a chance to meet Nandhini and auditioned for Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru and that the movie was critically acclaimed and a hit film.. It took four months for her to be finalised over 30 other girls who had expressed a desire to play the role. The film, a romantic comedy, pitted her opposite Ajmal and featured the pair looking for a lost baby. Rupa was nominated for the Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress Award for her performable and a critic described her portrayal of Archana as that she "brings her character vibrantly to life with all the nuances of anger, humour, tenderness and soft romance".
She was next seen in the 2010 Malayalam film Tournament directed and produced by Lal. She played a wildlife photographer who meets a bunch of men who have been selected for a cricket tournament. The film opened to neagtive reviews and performed poorly at the box office. She was seen in the long-delayed Vijay Antony starrer Naan having a super hit song Nila Nila and was a part of video for the successful promotional song, "Makkayala Makkayala", which was released online. The film started production in early 2010 and released in 2012. It got positive reviews from critics. In 2012 she was also seen in two Malayalam films Mallu Singh and she did a small guest appearance in the Malayalam filmI Love Me. The first film in 2014 for Her was the Super-Hit comedy-thriller movie, Yaamirukka Bayamey.
|2009||Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru||Archana||Tamil||Nominated, Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress|
|2010||Tournament – Play & Replay||Ashwathy Alex||Malayalam|
|I Love Me||Sameera||Malayalam|
- "A breezy entertainer: Rupa Manjari". Sify.com. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "I still prefer Kollywood: Rupa Manjari – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Actress Rupa Manjari - Tamil Movie Actress Interview - Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru Rupa Manjari - Behindwoods.com". Videos.behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- SINDHU VIJAYAKUMAR, TNN 5 October 2009, 12.00am IST (5 October 2009). "Acting was my dream: Rupa – Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Movie Review:Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru". Sify.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- P Sangeetha, TNN 27 October 2010, 12.00am IST (27 October 2010). "Rupa Manjari is game for a tournament! – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- Shankaran Malini, TNN 4 December 2011, 05.30PM IST. "No time for lyrics, but my music is from the heart: Vijay Antony – Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Cinema Plus / Columns : ITSY-BITSY". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 20 March 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- Shankaran Malini, TNN 17 December 2011, 12.12PM IST (17 December 2011). "Rupa Manjari has no regrets – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Tamil Tv Actress Manjari". Retrieved 2014-07-15.