Cromie St, the very wide main street of Rupanyup
|Population||549 (2011 census)|
|Elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Yarriambiack|
Rupanyup (// rə-PAN-yəp) is a small town in rural Victoria, Australia. As of the 2011 census, it had a population of 549. The name Rupanyup is an Aboriginal word meaning 'branch hanging over water'.
The Post Office opened on 22 February 1875 as Karkarooc and was renamed Rupanyup in 1876.
Golfers play at the course of the Rupanyup Golf Club on Frayne Avenue.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Rupanyup (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Rupanyup - Yarriambiack Shire Council
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11
- Full Points Footy, Horsham_District, archived from the original on 10 May 2008, retrieved 2008-07-25
- Golf Select, Rupanyup, retrieved 2009-05-11
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rupanyup.|
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|