|Products||Banking, horticulture, insurance, schools, real estate, hotels & resorts, broadcasting|
The Ruparelia Group of Companies, commonly referred to as the Ruparelia Group, is a privately owned conglomerate in Uganda. Sudhir Ruparelia, a wealthy Ugandan businessman, is a shareholder in each of the companies in the Group.
Ruparelia Group is mainly involved in banking, foreign exchange bureaux, insurance, education, real estate development and management, floriculture, broadcasting, and hotels, and resorts. Sudhir Ruparelia, the Group's founder and chairman, is the majority shareholder in the companies that comprise the group. In November 2012, Forbes Magazine estimated his net worth at US$900 Million, making him the wealthiest individual in Uganda at the time.
As a young man in England, Sudhir Ruparelia successfully established a number of small businesses before returning to Uganda in the 1980s to take advantage of the improving political and business stability.
As of April 2013, the companies of the Ruparelia Group included but were not limited to the following:
- Crane Bank - Kampala, Uganda
- Crane Forex Bureau 1 - Crane Chambers, 20 Kampala Road, Kampala
- Crane Forex Bureau 2 - Kampala Speke Hotel, 7-9 Nile Avenue, Kampala
- Crane Management Services Limited - Kampala
- Dehli Public International School-Naguru, Kampala
- Goldstar Insurance Company Limited - Kampala
- Kabira Country Club - Bukoto, Kampala
- Kampala International School Uganda
- Kampala Parents' School
- Kampala Speke Hotel - Kampala
- Meera Investments Limited - Kampala
- Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort - Munyonyo
- Rosebud Limited - Entebbe
- Sanyu FM 88.2 - Kampala
- Speke Apartments Limited - Kampala
- Speke Resort and Conference Centre - Munyonyo, Kampala
- Tourist Hotel - Kampala
- Victoria University Uganda - Kampala
- The group owns commercial and real estate interests in Rwanda, South Sudan, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates.
- List of conglomerates in Uganda
- List of conglomerates in Africa
- Kampala Capital City Authority
- List of wealthiest people in Uganda
- Mfonobong Nsehe (20 November 2012). "Sudhir Ruparelia, Uganda's Multi-talented Property Baron". New York City: Forbes.com. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- Nsehe, Mfonobong (Contributor) (25 June 2014). "The World's Billionaires: #1523 Sudhir Ruparelia". Forbes.com. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Jamal, Vali (3 October 2012). "Ugandan Asians: The Making of Ruparelia Group". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Nsehe, Mfonobong (26 April 2013). "Africa's Newest Billionaire: Ugandan Builds $1.1 Billion Fortune From The Ground Up". Ventures-Africa.com. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Stephen Otage, and Stephen Wandera (26 July 2013). "Crane Bank To Extend Operations To Rwanda". Daily Monitor.
- "Supervised Financial Institutions: Forex Bureaux". Bank of Uganda. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Balagadde, Samuel (22 June 2009). "Sudhir Invests US$14 Million In School". New Vision. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Conan Businge, and Ssebidde Kiryowa (20 July 2015). "KISU Students Excel In International Baccalaureate Exams". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- State House Uganda (7 August 2012). "President Yoweri Museveni In Hat Chairing The Great Lakes Summit At Munyonyo On 7-8-2012". StateHouse.go.ug. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Conan Businge, and Ssebide Kiryowa (5 September 2013). "Businessman Sudhir Buys Victoria University". New Vision. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Kiryowa, Sebidde (24 November 2012). "Sudhir Richest Man In East Africa – Forbes". New Vision.