|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, cinematographer, producer|
|Website||Lightfuse & Gettaway|
Rupert Wyatt (born 26 October 1972) is an English screenwriter, director, and producer. He made his directorial debut with the 2008 film The Escapist, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. His second film was the 2011 blockbuster Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
He also co-wrote and directed the British prison escape thriller The Escapist (2008), starring Brian Cox, Damian Lewis, Dominic Cooper, Joseph Fiennes, Seu Jorge, Steven Mackintosh, and Liam Cunningham. The film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2008, was nominated for eight international film awards, and was the winner of two. In March 2010, he was selected to direct Rise of the Planet of the Apes, a reboot of the Planet of the Apes franchise, which was based on a screenplay by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver. The film was released on 5 August 2011 to mostly positive reviews  and grossed more than $481 million worldwide.
Wyatt currently lives between Los Angeles and Hudson, New York with his wife, filmmaker Erica Beeney, and their three children.
|2008||The Escapist||Yes||Yes||No||Nominated – British Independent Film – Douglas Hickox Award|
Nominated – Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer
Nominated – London Critics Circle Film Award for Breakthrough British Filmmaker
|2011||Rise of the Planet of the Apes||Yes||No||No||Nominated – Empire Award for Best Director|
Nominated – Saturn Award for Best Director
|2014||The Gambler||Yes||No||No||Also music supervisor|
|Slipping Into Darkness||Yes||TBA||Yes||Written by Blake Masters|
|2014||Turn: Washington's Spies||Yes||No||Episode "Pilot"|
|2016||The Exorcist||Yes||Yes||Episode "Pilot"|
|TBA||Urban Jungle||Yes||Yes||Co-created with Erica Beeney, Clara Gallagher, Daniel Hardy, & Rolin Jones|
- Rees, Jasper (13 June 2008). "British film: why breaking out gave me an opportunity to break in". Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- Roark, David (30 January 2010). "Movie on DVD review: The Escapist". Archived from the original on 26 February 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- Billington, Alex. "Exclusive: Poster Premiere for Rupert Wyatt's The Escapist". FirstShowing.
- "Rupert Wyatt Named as Planet of the Apes Prequel Director". DreadCentral.
- "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 25 October 2011. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Channing Tatum's 'Gambit' film now has a director". MARVELHYPE. Retrieved 15 June 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Hayes, Britt (16 September 2015). "'Gambit' Solo Movie Loses Director Rupert Wyatt". Screen Crush. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Rupert Wyatt to Direct, Write Sci-Fi Film 'Captive State' (EXCLUSIVE)".
- Douglas, Edward (12 March 2019). "INTERVIEW: CAPTIVE STATE Director Rupert Wyatt on His Sci-Fi Thriller". Comics Beat. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- Fleming, Michael (11 May 2008). "Rupert Wyatt preps trio of features". Variety. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Upcoming TV: Urban Jungle". Lightfuse & Gettaway.com. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- Stuart Levine; Jeff Sneider (30 March 2012). "'Echo Chamber' in development at HBO". Variety. Retrieved 18 April 2019.