|Look up rupture in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rupture is a term and may refer to break or burst suddenly (esp. of a pipe, a vessel, or a bodily part such as an organ or membrane). For the mechanical description of the process see: Rupture (engineering), a failure of tough ductile materials loaded in tension.
Anatomy and medicine
- Abdominal hernia, formerly referred to as "a rupture"
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Rupture of membranes, a "water breaking" event of pregnancy
- Premature rupture of membranes, when the amniotic sac ruptures more than an hour before the onset of labor
- Ruptured spleen
- Testicular rupture, a rip or tear in the connective tissue covering of the testes
- Breast implant#Implant rupture, a rupture of breast implants
- Steam rupture, a rupture in a pressurized system of super critical water
- Rupture (social networking), a social networking site for computer gamers
- Earthquake rupture, an event that generates seismic energy as a result of slip on a fault
- "Rupture", an episode in season two of The Flash
- Rupture (film), a 2016 science fiction film by Steven Shainberg
- as a proper name
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rupture.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.