|Look up rupture in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rupture is a term and may refer to break or burst suddenly (esp. of a pipe, a vessel, or a bodily part such as an organ or membrane). For the mechanical description of the process see: Rupture (engineering), a failure of tough ductile materials loaded in tension
Anatomy and medicine
- Abdominal hernia, formerly referred to as "a rupture"
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Rupture of membranes, a "water breaking" event of pregnancy
- Premature rupture of membranes, when the amniotic sac ruptures more than an hour before the onset of labor
- Ruptured spleen
- Testicular rupture, a rip or tear in the connective tissue covering of the testes
- Breast implant#Implant rupture, a rupture of breast implants
- Steam rupture, a rupture in a pressurized system of super critical water
- Rupture (social networking), a social networking site for computer gamers
- Earthquake rupture, an event that generates seismic energy as a result of slip on a fault
- Rupture, a 2016 science fiction film by Steven Shainberg
- as a proper name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rupture.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.