From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up rupture in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rupture is a term and may refer to break or burst suddenly (esp. of a pipe, a vessel, or a bodily part such as an organ or membrane).
Anatomy and medicine
- Abdominal hernia, formerly referred to as "a rupture"
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Rupture of membranes, a "water breaking" event of pregnancy
- Premature rupture of membranes, when the amniotic sac ruptures more than an hour before the onset of labor
- Ruptured spleen
- Testicular rupture, a rip or tear in the connective tissue covering of the testes
- DJ /rupture, a New York-based DJ and producer
- Steam rupture, a rupture in a pressurized system of super critical water
- Rupture (band), an Australian hardcore punk band
- Rupture (engineering), a failure of tough ductile materials loaded in tension
- Rupture (social networking), a social networking site for computer gamers
- Earthquake Rupture an Earthquake term.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rupture.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.