Rural City of Murray Bridge
|Rural City of Murray Bridge
Location of the Rural City of Murray Bridge in SA
|Population||20,858 (2016 census)|
|• Density||11.385/km2 (29.488/sq mi)|
|Area||1,832 km2 (707.3 sq mi)|
|Council seat||Murray Bridge|
|Region||Murray and Mallee|
|Website||Rural City of Murray Bridge|
The Rural City of Murray Bridge is a local government area of South Australia centred on the regional city of Murray Bridge and stretching south to Lake Alexandrina. It was formed in 1977 by amalgamation of the District Council of Mobilong and the Corporation of Murray Bridge.
It includes the surrounding towns and localities of Avoca Dell, Brinkley, Chapman Bore, East Wellington, Ettrick, Gifford Hill, Greenbanks, Jervois, Kepa, Long Flat, Mobilong, Monarto, Monarto South, Monteith, Mulgundawa, Murrawong, Murray Bridge East, Murray Bridge North, Murray Bridge South, Mypolonga, Nalpa, Northern Heights, Pallamana, Riverglades, Riverglen, Rocky Gully, Sunnyside, Swanport, Toora, Wellington, White Hill, White Sands, Willow Banks, Woodlane and Woods Point, and parts of Burdett, Callington, Caloote, Naturi, Rockleigh, Tepko, Tolderol, Wall Flat and Lake Alexandrina.
It was first established in 1977 as the District Council of Murray Bridge with the amalgamation of the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge and the surrounding District Council of Mobilong. It was renamed the Rural City of Murray Bridge when it gained city status on 26 January 1993.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Murray Bridge (RC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Elected Members". Rural City of Murray Bridge. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Murray and Mallee SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Location SA Map Viewer". Government of South Australia. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Freedom of Information Statement 2014–2015" (PDF). Rural City of Murray Bridge. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
On 12 July 1884 the first meeting of the District Council of Mobilong was held. In 1927 the Corporation of Murray Bridge was formed. On the 4 April 1977 there was an amalgamation of District Council of Mobilong and the Corporation of Murray Bridge to form The District Council of Murray Bridge [...] On the 26 January 1993 the District Council of Murray Bridge changed its name to The Rural City of Murray Bridge.
- "Election Results 2014" (PDF). Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|