Rural Municipality of Excel No. 71
Excel No. 71
Location within Saskatchewan
|Federal riding||Souris—Moose Mountain|
|Provincial riding||Wood River|
|Established||January 1, 1913|
|• Reeve||Arnold Montgomery|
|• Governing body||RM Council|
|• Office location||Viceroy|
Excel No. 71 (2006 population 466) is a rural municipality in south-central Saskatchewan, Canada encompassing 1,122.02 square kilometres (433.21 sq mi) in area. The rural municipality maintains its office in Viceroy, Saskatchewan. The rural municipality in conjunction with the provincial government is in charge of maintenance of highways in its area. As well, the municipality provides policing, fire protection and municipal governance for the rural district, with a reeve as its administrator. The municipality was incorporated in 1913.
|Canada census – Rural Municipality of Excel No. 71 community profile|
|Population:||466 (-9.9% from 2001)|
|Land area:||1,122.02 km2 (433.21 sq mi)|
|Population density:||0.4/km2 (1.0/sq mi)|
|Median age:||42.7 (M: 45.6, F: 40.9)|
|Total private dwellings:||206|
|Median household income:||$29,786|
|References: 2006 earlier|
The municipality includes the communities of:
- Crane Valley
- Readlyn, dissolved as a village, December 31, 1955.
- Verwood, dissolved as a village, December 31, 1954.
- Viceroy, dissolved as a village, May 10, 2002.
The Red Coat & Rail Ltd. operates a short-line railway through the rural municipality. Primarily used for the transport of agricultural products.
- Government of Saskatchewan. "Municipal Directory System". Retrieved 2019-05-28.
- Saskatchewan Municipal Database
- Sask Biz
- "2006 Community Profiles". 2006 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". 2001 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Sask Biz
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|