Rural Municipality of Morse No. 165
|Morse No. 165, Saskatchewan|
|Rural Municipality||December 11, 1911|
|• Total||1,244.38 km2 (480.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.3/km2 (0.8/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
This article is about the rural municipality in Canada. For other places with the same name, see Morse (disambiguation)
Morse No. 165, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 435 rural residents (2006 census) in the southwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated December 11, 1911. Other localities in the area include Calderbank, Ernfold, Glen Kerr, Gouldtown, Herbert, Log Valley and Morse. Reed Lake is a very large lake in this RM. A rural municipality is an administrative district consisting of an elected reeve, councilors, administrator who provide essential services within their area.
A person could work for the municipality and have his earnings put toward the taxes on his land; at one time, money collected in each Division stayed in that Division....The RM has as its responsibilities for many areas: agricultural programs and concerns in general; tax collections for needs of the municipality - road construction and maintenance; protective services - pest control, fire protection, weed control, environmental development, cultural and educational services; medical and veterinary needs and so forth.— Tecumseh No. 65 
|Canada census – Rural Municipality of Morse No. 165 community profile|
|Population:||435 (-16.7% from 2001)|
|Land area:||1,244.38 km2 (480.46 sq mi)|
|Population density:||0.3/km2 (0.78/sq mi)|
|Median age:||N/A (M: N/A, F: N/A)|
|Total private dwellings:||191|
|Median household income:||$N/A|
|References: 2006 earlier|
The following communities are located in this municipality:
- Unincorporated communities
- "MRD Municipal Status Information", Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Government of Saskatchewan, archived from the original (– Scholar search) on 2008-03-25, retrieved 2007-12-29
- Saskatchewan Genealogy Association, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "4708001 - Swift Current No. 137, geographical codes and localities ,2006", Statistics Canada, Government of Canada, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Morse No. 165, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America". World Index. Rumbletum.org. 2004. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Sask Biz, Government of Saskatchewan (2004), Tecumseh No. 65, retrieved 2007-12-27
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority - SREDA
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- GeoNames Query
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Saskatoon Gen Web
- Map of Morse No. 165 at Statcan
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|