Rural Municipality of Winchester
The Rural Municipality of Winchester is a former rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Manitoba. It was originally incorporated as a rural municipality on November 1, 1890. It ceased on January 1, 2015 as a result of its provincially mandated amalgamation with the Town of Deloraine to form the Municipality of Deloraine – Winchester.
According to Statistics Canada, the former RM had an area of 725.58 km² (280.15 sq mi). A portion of Manitoba's Turtle Mountain Provincial Park is located at the southeast corner of the former RM along its border with North Dakota.
- Rural Municipality of Brenda - (west)
- Rural Municipality of Cameron - (north)
- Rural Municipality of Morton - (east)
- Bottineau County, North Dakota - (south)
- "Manitoba’s Municipal History: Rural Municipalities and Local Government Districts". The Manitoba Historical Society. September 21, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "Manitoba’s Municipal History: Municipal Amalgamations (2015)". The Manitoba Historical Society. December 1, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- 2006 Community Profiles: Winchester
|This Manitoba location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|