Rural Township, Jefferson County, Kansas
Buck Creek School east of Williamstown
Location in Jefferson County
|• Total||32.19 sq mi (83.37 km2)|
|• Land||31.82 sq mi (82.42 km2)|
|• Water||0.37 sq mi (0.95 km2) 1.14%|
|Elevation||1,047 ft (319 m)|
|• Density||25.3/sq mi (9.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0478497|
Rural Township covers an area of 32.19 square miles (83.37 square kilometers); of this, 0.37 square miles (0.95 square kilometers) or 1.14 percent is water. The streams of Buck Creek, East Stone House Creek, Stone Horse Creek and West Stone House Creek run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Oskaloosa Township (north)
- Sarcoxie Township (east)
- Grant Township, Douglas County (southeast)
- Wakarusa Township, Douglas County (south)
- Lecompton Township, Douglas County (southwest)
- Kentucky Township (west)
The township contains three cemeteries: Buster, Holliday and Underwood.
- Cutler, William G. (1883). Cutler's History of The State of Kansas. Chicago, IL: A. T. Andreas.
|This article about a location in Jefferson County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|