Rural and Urban Political Party
The party's stated policy priorities upon its launch were economic growth and security. Manetoali called for small business centres to be set up all over the country, along with appropriate infrastructure, to enable local people's participation in business, and stimulate growth.
Manetoali was successfully re-elected in his constituency of Gao-Bugotu, but no other candidate from the party obtained a seat.  Manetoali then supported Danny Philip's successful bid for the premiership, and obtained the position of Minister for Tourism and Culture in Philip's Cabinet.
- "Rural and Urban Political Party (RUPP)", Pacific Institute of Public Policy, July 26, 2010
- "Rural Urban Party launching", Island Sun, June 9, 2010
- "New Party Promises Economic Centres", Solomon Times, June 14, 2010
- 2010 election data, Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation
- "Alphabetical Listing of Members of the 9th Parliament", National Parliament of Solomon Islands
- Cabinet of Solomon Islands, CIA