Rural community council
- Not to be confused with parish councils in England which can be called community councils.
Each shire county now has one, although some are relative newcomers. The RCCs also form a national coalition called Action with Communities in Rural England ("ACRE").
Each RCC is an independent, locally managed organisation but is dependent on external funding for its continued work. Historically, RCCs were primarily funded by the Rural Development Commission, but this role was subsequently taken over by the Countryside Agency. Most RCCs are also funded through project work linked to their aims and objectives, and from work undertaken for their closely related county-wide organisations representing parish councils and playing field committees.
- Parish plan
- Village design statement
- Rural community development
- Rural Development Council
- Village development committee (disambiguation)
- Cheshire Community Action
- Countryside Agency
- Rural Community Council of Essex
- Community Lincs
|This article about an organisation in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|