RusLine (Russian: Авиакомпания «РусЛайн», Aviakompanija «RusLajn») is a regional airline from Russia, which operates mostly domestic regional flights, as well as holiday charters. Its headquarters are located in the Omega Plaza (Омега Плаза) business centre in Moscow, Russia.
The company was founded in 1999 as Aerotex Airlines and was originally based at Sheremetyevo International Airport. In March 2013, it was renamed to today's RusLine, which coincided with a move to Vnukovo International Airport shortly after.
Originally, the airline operated several ageing Soviet-built aircraft. The first Western airliner, a 50-seat Bombardier CRJ100, was introduced with RusLine in February 2008. Over the following years, further planes of that type (all of which had been acquired second-hand) were added. In April 2012, RusLine took delivery of two larger Airbus A319 aircraft formerly owned by easyJet in order to address the growing demand for charter flights.
Over the years, the following aircraft types were operated:
|Embraer EMB 120 Brasilia||2011||2015|
Accidents and incidents
- On 20 June 2011, 47 people died in the crash of Flight 243. The aircraft involved, a Tupolev Tu-134 (registered RA-65691) had been leased by RusLine from RusAir and was approaching Petrozavodsk Airport, completing a flight from Moscow-Domodedovo. Due to poor visibility conditions, the pilots were unaware that they descended too rapidly, so that the aircraft struck trees and impacted on a highway. There were five survivors.
- "Авиакомпания "РусЛайн" начинает базироваться в Улан-Удэ и запускает новый рейс в Иркутск". airportbaikal.ru. 27 April 2018.
- "КОНТАКТЫ." RusLine. Retrieved on 21 June 2011. "КОНТАКТЫ ГОЛОВНОЙ ОФИС Адрес: 115280, г. Москва, ул. Ленинская слобода, д.19, бизнес-центр «Омега Плаза»"
- "ATDB.aero aerotransport.org AeroTransport Data Bank". aerotransport.org. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "List of the Bombardier CRJ200s operated by Air Volga, at planespotters.net". planespotters.net. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "RusLine fleet list at planespotters.net". planespotters.net. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "География полетов". Archived from the original on 2016-07-15. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Из кировского аэропорта Победилово вылетел первый рейс в Петербург". ИТАР-ТАСС. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Авиарейсы из Пензы в Москву будет выполнять компания "РусЛайн"". Правительство Пензенской области, официальный портал. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- Liu, Jim (17 May 2019). "RusLine expands Adler/Sochi network in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- AviaPort digest (in Russian)
- Ranter, Harro. "ASN Aircraft accident Tupolev 134A-3 RA-65691 Petrozavodsk Airport (PES)". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Crash: Rusair T134 at Petrozavodsk on Jun 20th 2011, impacted road short of runway". The Aviation Herald. 20 June 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
Media related to RusLine at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Russian)