A farm in Rush
|County||Boyd and Carter|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||502475|
The Boyd County portion of Rush is a part of the Huntington-Ashland Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of 287,702. New definitions from February 28, 2013 placed the population at 363,000. The reason this community was given the name Rush is obscure. It is located along US 60 and near I-64.
- Ramey-Estep High School, is located in Boyd County.
- Star Elementary, is located in Carter County and is part of Carter County Public Schools.
- Boyd County Public Schools
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rush, Kentucky
- "Population statistics" (PDF).
- Rennick, Robert M. Kentucky Place Names. University Press of Kentucky. p. 258. ISBN 0-8131-2631-2.