Rush Creek Township, Fairfield County, Ohio
|Rush Creek Township, Fairfield County, Ohio|
Bremen community mausoleum, State Route 37
Location of Rush Creek Township in Fairfield County
|• Total||37.5 sq mi (97.0 km2)|
|• Land||37.2 sq mi (96.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||768 ft (234 m)|
|• Density||105/sq mi (40.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086083|
Rush Creek Township is one of the thirteen townships of Fairfield County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 3,893, of whom 2,468 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richland Township - north
- Reading Township, Perry County - northeast
- Jackson Township, Perry County - east
- Monday Creek Township, Perry County - southeast corner
- Marion Township, Hocking County - south
- Berne Township - southwest
- Pleasant Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Rush Creek township, Fairfield County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- Miller, Charles Christian (1912). History of Fairfield County, Ohio, and representative citizens. Chicago, Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co. p. 183.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.