Rush Township, Champaign County, Ohio
|Rush Township, Champaign County, Ohio|
Early farmhouse east of Woodstock
Location of Rush Township in Champaign County
|• Total||31.7 sq mi (82.2 km2)|
|• Land||31.7 sq mi (82.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,135 ft (346 m)|
|• Density||82/sq mi (31.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085845|
Rush Township is one of the twelve townships of Champaign County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 2,613 people living in the township, 818 of whom were in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Allen Township, Union County - northeast
- Union Township, Union County - east
- Goshen Township - south
- Union Township - southwest corner
- Wayne Township - west
- Zane Township, Logan County - northwest
Name and history
Rush Township was established in 1828 from land given by Wayne Township.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Rush township, Champaign County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Rush township, Rush township, Champaign County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- The History of Champaign County, Ohio. W.H. Beers & Company. 1881. p. 562.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.