Rush Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location in Jo Daviess County
Jo Daviess County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Supervisor||Janice Toay|
|• Total||36.8 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.8 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||981 ft (299 m)|
|• Density||10.3/sq mi (4.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61001, 61059, 61085, 61087|
|GNIS feature ID||0429684|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.8 square miles (95 km2), all land.
- Warren Township (north)
- Nora Township (east)
- Wards Grove Township (southeast)
- Stockton Township (south)
- Woodbine Township (southwest)
- Thompson Township (west)
- Apple River Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries. Millville, Oakland (also known as Puckett), Townsend and Robinson.
- Stockton Community Unit School District 206
- Warren Community Unit School District 205
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Rush Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.