|Occupation||Independent filmmaker and director|
|Education||University of Southern California|
Russell "Russ" Emanuel is an American director, producer, and independent filmmaker.
Emanuel founded Russem Productions, a Los Angeles based production company in 2002, through which he has produced and directed short and feature-length films.
Emanuel was born in San Francisco, California and grew up in both Japan and the United States.
Emanuel attended the University of Southern California in Los Angeles with an emphasis in film studies, international relations, and Japanese.
Emanuel's first films were shorts, including Her Knight (2003) and Girl with Gun (2006). In 2007, Emanuel produced his first feature film, P.J.. Emanuel subsequently directed the feature film Chasing the Green (2009), starring William Devane, and The Legends of Nethiah (2012) starring John Heard and Robert Picardo. His 2015 horror feature film Occupants, also starring Picardo, screened at film festivals including Shriekfest 2016.
Emanuel directed and produced the documentary film Restoration of Paradise (2014), about the history of the Bolsa Chica wetlands, which has at different times been a Native American settlement, President Teddy Roosevelt's Gun Club, and a World War II home for artillery batteries. The documentary was narrated by Robert Picardo.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2023)
|2003||The Failures||Assistant to Producer (feature film)|
|2003||Her Knight||Producer, Director, Writer (short film)|
|2004||The Diary||Producer (short film)|
|2005||Mavet||Producer (short film)|
|2006||Girl with Gun||Producer, Director (short film)|
|2007||The Rapture||Associate Producer (feature film)|
|Perfect Red||Producer (short film)|
|2008||Heaven's Messenger (original title P.J.)||Producer, Director (feature film)|
|2009||Chasing the Green||Director (feature film)|
|2010||Cult 11||Producer - 4 episodes, Director - 2 episodes: "Nurse Janet's Happy Place", "Make-Up Time, Mr. President" (web series)|
|2012||The Legends of Nethiah||Director (feature film)|
|2013||The Meeting||Director, Editor - 2 episodes: "Tales from the Curbside: A Prairie Homeless Companion", "A Savage Meeting" (web series)|
|2014||Restoration of Paradise||Producer, Director, Writer, Cinematographer, Editor (documentary)|
|2015||Occupants||Director (feature film)|
|2017||Collar||Producer, Director (short film)|
|2018||The Assassin's Apprentice||Director (short film)|
|Allegedly||Producer (short film)|
|The Meeting||Director, Editor - 2 episodes: "A Not So Funny Meeting", "Meeting Clapit" (web series)|
|2019||American Wisper (original title Wisper)||Director (feature film)|
|2020||Lighter Than Air||Producer (short film)|
|Routine||Director (short film)|
|2022||The Assassin's Apprentice 2: Silbadores of the Canary Islands||Director (short film)|
|2023||Staycation||Producer, Director (feature film)|
- ^ Novack, Van (November 12, 2008). "'P.J.' reflects change in many lives". Huntington Beach Independent. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved October 21, 2022.
- ^ "Girl with Gun - Two Reviews in One". Comic Book Bin, By Tony Farinella & Christopher Moshier Aug 27, 2006
- ^ "Short Film Critique: Girl with Gun". Micro Filmmaker, November 15, 2006 Reviewed By: Monika DeLeeuw-Taylor
- ^ Handler, Amy R. "P.J., an Interview with Filmmaker Russ Emmanuel". Film Threat. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- ^ "Review: ‘Chasing the Green’". Variety, Andrew Barker April 20, 2009
- ^ "Movie Reviews: American Violet, Crank: High Voltage, Sleep Dealer". LA Weekly, April 16, 2009
- ^ "'Occupants' (Shriekfest 2016): Couple Confronts Terror from a Parallel Reality". Gruesome Magazine, November 25, 2016 by Joseph Perry
- ^ "Pearson set to be the Opening Night Gala of the SCI-FI-LONDON FILM FESTIVAL on April 27". The Fan Carpet, 20 April 2017.
- ^ Langthorn, Daniel (September 22, 2014). "Filmmaker gives Bolsa Chica its close-up in Documentary". Orange County Register.
- ^ "'Restoration of Paradise' to Screen October 4 at the SoCal Film Festival in HB" (PDF). The Tern Tide. Amigos de Bolsa Chica. 38 (3): 7. Fall 2014.
- ^ Booth, Paul. "SoCal Film Festival 2014". Influx Magazine.