|Born||Russell B. Mayberry
December 22, 1925
Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.
|Died||July 27, 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado, U.S.
|Alma mater||Northwestern University|
|Spouse(s)||Sandy Mayberry (? – 2012)|
Russell "Russ" B. Mayberry (December 22, 1925 – July 27, 2012) was an American-born television director.
Early life and career
Mayberry was born on December 22, 1925 in Duluth, Minnesota. He later moved to Chicago, Illinois, after serving as a Navy aviator during World War II. Mayberry was educated at Northwestern University.
Throughout a career that started in 1947, he amassed a number of credits in television. His credits include The Monkees, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, That Girl, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Andy Griffith Show, Alias Smith and Jones, McCloud, Marcus Welby, M.D., The Rockford Files, Kojak, The Fall Guy, Miami Vice, Dallas, Star Trek: The Next Generation, In the Heat of the Night, Matlock, television mini-series The Rebels, and other series.
Mayberry has two children. He married Sandy Mayberry. Mayberry lived in Los Angeles, California, and in Fort Collins, Colorado. He died on July 27, 2012, at Fort Collins Medical Center. He is survived by his wife Sandy, his two children, and his grandson and granddaughter.
- Russ Mayberry - Movies: Unidentified Flying Oddball 1979 - FilmsandTV.com
- "Russ Mayberry, TV director, dies at 86; Helmed episodes of 'The Brady Bunch,' 'Magnum, P.I.'". Variety. 31 July 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- Russ Mayberry on Internet Movie Database
- Russ Mayberry at the TCM Movie Database
- Russ Mayberry at Memory Alpha (a Star Trek wiki)
|This article about a television director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|