This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Russ Parsons is a food writer and columnist. He served as the food editor and columnist of the Los Angeles Times for more than 25 years before leaving in 2015. He has written about food for more than 30 years, including his career at The Times, where he also served as managing editor and deputy editor. He is the author of the cookbooks "How to Read a French Fry" and "How to Pick a Peach", which were published by Houghton-Mifflin.
In 2008 he was inducted into the James Beard Foundation’s Who’s Who of Food and Beverage, the hall of fame of American cooking. He has won many food journalism awards, including those from the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the Association of Food Journalists, the James Beard Foundation and the University of Missouri Lifestyle Journalism Awards. "How to Read a French Fry" was a finalist for two Julia Child cookbook awards. “How to Pick a Peach,” which was published in 2007, was named one of the best 100 books of the year by both Publisher’s Weekly and Amazon.
Before coming to The Times, he was food editor at the Los Angeles Times Syndicate, food editor at the Los Angeles Herald Examiner and food editor at the Albuquerque Tribune. Parsons has been a journalist for more than 30 years, covering everything from high school football and professional rodeo to cops and courts and country music.
He has a wife and one daughter.
- How to Read a French Fry: And Other Stories of Intriguing Kitchen Science (ISBN 0-618-37943-6, 2003)
- How to Pick a Peach: The Search for Flavor from Farm to Table
- "Let cookbook author and L.A. Times Food Editor Russ Parsons serve as your guide to the freshest produce of the season. Recipes included. " Virbila, S. Irene; Critic, Restaurant. "Food". Online edition. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- Times, Los Angeles. "Russ Parsons". latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- Brown, Corie (2008-06-11). "Grant Achatz, Russ Parsons lauded by James Beard Foundation". Online edition. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- Crusie, Jennifer (2007-10-04). "Great Cousins Think Alike". blog. Retrieved 2009-06-16.
|This biographical article about a foodie, restaurateur or gourmand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|