|Birth name||Russell Rankin|
May 25, 1968 |
Santa Cruz, California, US
|Genres||Punk rock, pop punk, melodic hardcore, skate punk, hardcore punk|
|Labels||Fat Wreck Chords|
|Associated acts||Good Riddance, Only Crime, Fury 66, State of Grace|
Russ Rankin is the lead vocalist for melodic hardcore band Only Crime, Creep Division, and punk rock band Good Riddance. Both bands were signed to Fat Wreck Chords until Good Riddance announced their breakup on April 3, 2007. However, as of February 2012, Good Riddance has reformed. Rankin was also a member of Fury 66 and State of Grace. He has also lent his voice to songs by Rise Against, Ensign, Comeback Kid. Additionally, Rankin spends time producing bands. Most recently, he performed a cover of the Johnny Cash song "Walk the Line" for a punk rock tribute album entitled All Aboard: A Tribute to Johnny Cash. Rankin appeared in the independent documentary, Meditate and Destroy, that focuses on Dharma Punx author Noah Levine. Along with his band Good Riddance, they can be seen in the film performing at the Catalyst club in Santa Cruz, California.
Rankin is a member of PETA and leads a straight edge and vegan lifestyle. Rankin holds the position of California/Western United States Regional Scout for the Kootenay Ice, a hockey team that competes in the Western Hockey League.
He is also a regular contributor to Amp Magazine, in which he has his own column.
- Farewell Catalonia (2012)
- All Aboard: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (2008)
- Includes "I Walk the Line"
- Untitled 21: A Juvenile Tribute To Swingin' Utters (2010)
- Includes "Beached Sailor"
- Respect Your Roots Worldwide (2013)
- Includes "I Am On Fire"
- The Songs of Tony Sly: A Tribute (2013)
- Digital version includes "Via Munich"
With State of Grace
- Demo (1992)
With Good Riddance
With Fury 66
- Demo (1994)
- American Clown EP (1994)
With Creep Division
- Creep Division (2000)
With Only Crime
- Rise Against – The Unraveling (2001)
- Additional backing vocals
- Ensign – The Price of Progression (2001)
- Vocals on "Foot in Mouth as an Artform "
- Comeback Kid – Wake the Dead (2005)
- Additional vocals on "Our Distance"
- Bullet Treatment – Designated Vol. 1 (2009)
- Vocals on "Win the Day"