Streiner in Night of the Living Dead (1968)
February 6, 1940 |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
|Occupation||Actor, film producer|
|Years active||1968 - present|
Russell Streiner (born February 6, 1940), also credited as Russ Streiner and Russell W. Streiner, is an American film producer and actor. Streiner is the older brother of actor/producer Gary Streiner.
Streiner is perhaps best known for his role as Johnny in Night of the Living Dead (1968). He was also one of the producers of the film. Streiner has also produced There's Always Vanilla (1971), The Booby Hatch (1976), and the remake of Night of the Living Dead (1990). He worked in the advertising field for several years while continuing film, television, commercial, and corporate production work. Russell has been actively involved in bringing film and television productions to western Pennsylvania throughout his career, and currently serves as chairman on the board of directors of the Pittsburgh Film Office (formerly known as the Pittsburgh Film & Television Office). He also founded the Pittsburgh Film Office. Until 2014 Russ Streiner was also one of the co-mentors along with John A. Russo of the John Russo Movie Making Program at DuBois Business College in DuBois, Pennsylvania.
He also makes occasional appearances and signs autographs at horror conventions. He was once married to Jackie Faust and is now married to Ramona Streiner. He continues to make his home in Pittsburgh and has two daughters, one son, one granddaughter and one grandson.
- One for the Fire: Night of the Living Dead 40th Anniversary Documentary (2008) (Associate Producer)
- Night of the Living Dead (1990) (Executive Producer)
- The Booby Hatch (1976)
- aka Dirty Book Store
- aka The Liberation of Cherry Janowski
- There's Always Vanilla (1971)
- aka The Affair
- Night of the Living Dead (1968)
- Night of the Living Dead (1990) Sheriff McClelland
- The Majorettes (1986) The Preacher
- aka One by One
- There's Always Vanilla (1971) TV Beer Commercial Director
- Night of the Living Dead (1968) Johnny
- Return of the Living Dead (1985) (Story)
Appearing as himself
- One for the Fire: Night of the Living Dead 40th Anniversary Documentary (2008)
- "Fear Files"
- Episode: "Zombies" (2006)
- UnConventional (2004)
- The Dead Walk: Remaking a Classic (1999)
- Night of the Living Dead: 25th Anniversary Documentary (1993)
- Drive-In Madness! (1987)
- aka Screen Scaries
- Pittsburgh Film Office. Access date: October 31, 2007.