Russian-Tajik Slavonic University
Российско-Таджикский Славянский Университет
Tursun-zade str. 30. Dushanbe, Tajikistan 734025,
|Campus||Mirzo Tursunzoda 30, Dushanbe city, 734025|
The majority of the students come from Russian indigenous families living in Tajikistan and the others are from Tajik and Uzbek families. It is a two-nation joint university (Russian-Tajik). It was established in 1996 as one of the branches of the University of Slavic Russia in Tajikistan. The aim of the university is to prepare future educated experts on every field of science.
Besides being Russian-Tajik the university has students in many nationalities including Armenian, Georgian, Ukrainian and others from post soviet republics.
The education programs and the courses are the exact as taught in Russia. All the education is done in Russian. There is also the facility of foreign languages, which prepares the Chinese speaking students mainly intended to work as interpreters.
University was result of cooperation of Russian and Tajik governments. At early beginning it was one of the strongest universities after the civil war and other unrest in the republic.
The university consist of the following departments
- Law department
- Economics department
- Philology department
- Department of History and International relationship
- Department of Management and IT
List of specialties or majors
- Faculty of Economics
- General business school with major in macro and microeconomics.
- Business school with major on banking industry
- Faculty of History and International relationship
- International relationship
- Faculty of Law
- Lawyers with different major like crime low, economics.
- Faculty of Management and Information Technology
- Applied Information Science in Economics also known as Applied computer science. Specialty code - 351400
- Faculty of Philology
- Foreign language teaching with major either in English, Chinese or German.
- Chinese language
- Russian language and culture
University also provides postgraduate study in economics and philology.
The university is partnering in education, culture and science with the following organization:
- American Bar Association;
- European Commission;
- Center of Culture "Bactria" (France);
- Center of Culture "Confucus" (China);
- International Committee of the Red Cross (Switzerland);
- Robert Bosh foundation - Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany);
- Centre for International Migration and Development (Germany);
- German Academic Exchange Service (Germany)
- Other CIS organization
University is a member of
- The Euroasian Universities Association (EUA)
Rectors of the university
- Sattorov Abdujabbor Sattorovich - 1996-2006
- Imomov Mahmausuf Saidalievich - 2006-2012
- Salihov Nurali Nazarovich: 2012–present
Known professors of the University
- Georgy Koshlakov, head of the Department of Economics and Management
Honorable doctors of the University
- Evgeny Belov – the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Russia in Tajikistan
- Maxim Peshkov – the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Russia in Tajikistan
- Gennadiy Seleznyov – the Speaker of the State Duma of Russia
- Sergey Mironov – the Chairman of the Federation Council
- Manfred Laurence – the scientist (Germany)
- Chang Yon Ku – the Director of Korean International Cooperation Agency
- Boris Gryzlov – the Speaker of the State Duma of Russia
- Andrei Fursenko – the Minister of Education of Russia
- Yury Luzhkov – former mayor of Moscow
- Valentina Matviyenko - Chairman of the Federation Council
- Sergey Naryshkin - Chairman of the State Duma
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2012)