Russian Anonymous Marketplace
Type of site
|Forum based darknet market|
With over 14,000 members, the site uses Tor and uses some escrow features like Silk Road-like darknet markets, but otherwise many deals take place off-site using off-the-record messaging. It is the longest lived darknet market, running from September 2012 to present, inspired by the success of the Silk Road.
The administrator who goes by the handle 'Darkside', claims the site makes around $250,000 a year and avoids law enforcement attention due to its predominant Russian user base and its ban on the sale of goods and services such as hacking.
- Greenberg, Andy (14 November 2014). "How a Russian Dark Web Drug Market Outlived the Silk Road (And Silk Road 2)". Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- Greenberg, Andy (4 December 2014). "An Interview With Darkside, Russia's Favorite Dark Web Drug Lord". Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- IHS Jane's Intelligence Review (30 December 2014). "Law enforcement struggles to control darknet". Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- Aliens, C (21 September 2017). "Russian Authorities Busted RAMP, the Oldest Darknet Market". Archived from the original on 22 September 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "МВД сообщило о ликвидации крупнейшего интернет-магазина наркотиков". TASS. 19 September 2017. Archived from the original on 22 September 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|