Russian Orthodox Cemetery, Nice
|Type||Christian Orthodox cemetery|
History and description
3.000 Russians, including the descendants of Russian immigrants and refugees after the October Revolution and the members of Royal families were buried at the cemetery such as Galitzine, Naryshkin, Obolensky, Volkonsky, Tsereteli and Gagarin family.
The cemetery chapel is dedicated to Saint Nicholas, in honor of the patron Nicholas Alexandrovich, Tsarevich of Russia died of tuberculosis in Nice.
The cemetery is open on Thursday and Saturday from 9:00 to 12:00 and on Friday and Sunday from 14:00 to 17:00. Liturgy on Saturday at 9:30. (Bus line 8 - station Caucade).ggv
- Princess Catherine Dolgorukaya-Yurievskaya (1847-1922)
- General Dmitry Shcherbachev, (1857-1932)
- Vladimir Golenishchev (1856-1947), Russian Egyptologist
- General Nikolai Yudenich (1862-1933)
- Prince Rostislav Alexandrovich Romanov (1902-1978)
|This article about a cemetery in France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|