Russian Social-Democratic Union of Youth
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Russian Social Democratic Union of Youth|
Российский социал-демократический союз молодёжи
|Headquarters||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|International affiliation||International Union of Socialist Youth (IUSY)|
Russian Social-Democratic Union of Youth (RSDUY; Russian: Российский социал-демократический союз молодёжи, РСДСМ - Rossiyskiy Sotsial-Demokraticheskiy Soyuz Molodiozhi, RSDSM) is a Russian non-governmental organization founded in December 2000 with Mikhail Gorbachev’s support as a youth branch of the Russian United Social Democratic Party and a member of International Union of Socialist Youth since 2004. The chairman has been Evgeniy Konovalov since 2006.
On 19 March 2007 RSDUY refused to sign the Declaration of the Progressive Youth Forum, appealing to the fact that its authors actually call for revolution and trying to flirt with the nationalists.
On 25 November 2007 Evgeniy Konovalov has been detained by the riot police on the Palace Square in St.Petersburg. He and others arrested with him were released 45 minutes later.
In October, 2008 RSDUY together with Young socialists of Georgia declared their commitment to nonviolent methods of conflict resolution. On 6 December 2009 the process of cooperation between Young Socialist of Georgia and Russian Social Democratic Union of Youth fully supported during the conference of Young political leaders from Black Sea area.
On 24 June 2009 chairman of RSDUY Evgeniy Konovalov was dismissed from a Russian state company "Russian Post" for his political and public activity.
On Sunday, 25 July 2010 in St. Petersburg the group hosted the third congress of Russian Social-Democratic Union of Youth.
The group intends on becoming a mass political party in Russia.
Since 2012 RSDUY had full membership in IUSY.
- List of members of IUSY Archived 5 April 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- The Union of social democrats Archived 14 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Kasyanov scared of Social Democrats and the nationalists of the revolution
- Riot police detains protesters in St. Peterburg Archived 23 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Joint resolution of RSDUY and JUSOS Rheinland-Pfalz about military conflict in Southern Ossetia
- Declaration of Conference of Young political leaders from Black Sea area
- Russian SD Youth chairman and state company employee fired for political activity Archived 23 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- III Congress of RSDUY Archived 29 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Petersburg Authorities Shut Down Antifascist Film Festival
- EUROPEAN-WIDE ACTION WEEK AGAINST RACISM 2011 Archived 27 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- IUSY Congress 2012: Decisions on IUSY membership