|Directed by||Jen McGowan|
|Written by||Julie Lipson|
|Music by||H. Scott Salinas|
|January 4, 2019|
Rust Creek is a 2019 independent thriller drama film directed by Jen McGowan and written by Julie Lipson. It is based on an original story by Julie Lipson and Stu Pollard. The film stars Hermione Corfield. It was released on 4 January 2019.
- Hermione Corfield as Sawyer Scott
- Jay Paulson as Lowell
- Sean O'Bryan as Sheriff O'Doyle
- Micah Hauptman as Hollister
- Daniel R. Hill as Buck
- Jeremy Glazer as Deputy Nick Katz
- John Marshall Jones as Commander Douglas Slattery
- Laura Guzman as Charlotte
- Virginia Schneider as Donna
- Denise Dal Vera as Mrs. Gander
An ordinary woman must summon extraordinary courage to survive a nightmare odyssey in this harrowing survival thriller. Sawyer (Corfield) is an ambitious, overachieving college senior with a seemingly bright future. While on her way to a job interview, a wrong turn leaves her stranded deep in the frozen Kentucky woods. Suddenly, the young woman with everything to live for finds herself facing her own mortality as she’s punished by the elements and pursued by a band of ruthless outlaws. With nowhere left to run, she is forced into an uneasy alliance with Lowell (Paulson), an enigmatic loner with shadowy intentions. Though she’s not sure she can trust him, Sawyer must take a chance if she hopes to escape Rust Creek alive.
The film premiered May 3, 2018 at the Bentonville Film Festival. The film won Best Thriller Feature at the 2018 San Diego International Film Festival. It was released to VoD by IFC Midnight Films services January 4, 2019. 
Rust Creek received positive reviews from critics and has a "Certified Fresh" score of 84% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 43 reviews. The site's critical consensus states: "Rust Creek subverts expectations with a surprisingly layered survival drama anchored in a rich setting and a gripping lead performance from Hermione Corfield.”On review aggregator and online database website IMDb, the film has an average rating of 5.7/10 , based on 3371 reviews.;
- McNary, Dave (2018-09-20). "IFC Midnight Buys U.S. Rights to Survival Thriller 'Rust Creek'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "'Rust' rolls into town - The State Journal". The State Journal. 2017-02-24. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Rust Creek". Bentonville Film Festival. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Award Winners | San Diego International Film Festival". San Diego International Film Festival. Archived from the original on 2018-11-14. Retrieved 2018-12-02. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Rust Creek | Horror, Aliens, zombies, vampires, creature features and more from IFC Midnight, a leading distributor in genre entertainment. | IFC Films, retrieved 2019-05-03
- "Rust Creek". Rotten Tomatoes. July 2, 2019. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- “IMDb:"Rust Creek”