A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Jen McGowan|
|Written by||Julie Lipson|
|Music by||H. Scott Salinas|
|January 4, 2019|
Rust Creek is a 2019 independent thriller drama film directed by Jen McGowan, based on an original story by Stu Pollard. The film stars Hermione Corfield in her first role as a central character in a feature film. The film was released on 4 January 2019.
- Hermione Corfield as Sawyer
- Jay Paulson as Lowell
- Sean O'Bryan as Sheriff O'Doyle
- Micah Hauptman as Hollister
- Jeremy Glazer as Deputy Katz
- Daniel R. Hill as Buck
- John Marshall Jones as Commander Slattery
- Denise Dal Vera as Mrs. Gander
- Laura Guzman as Charlotte
- Virginia Schneider as Donna
An ordinary woman must summon extraordinary courage to survive a nightmare odyssey in this harrowing survival thriller. Sawyer (Corfield) is an ambitious, overachieving college senior with a seemingly bright future. While on her way to a job interview, a wrong turn leaves her stranded deep in the frozen Kentucky woods. Suddenly, the young woman with everything to live for finds herself facing her own mortality as she’s punished by the elements and pursued by a band of ruthless outlaws. With nowhere left to run, she is forced into an uneasy alliance with Lowell (Paulson), an enigmatic loner with shadowy intentions. Though she’s not sure she can trust him, Sawyer must take a chance if she hopes to escape Rust Creek alive.
- McNary, Dave (2018-09-20). "IFC Midnight Buys U.S. Rights to Survival Thriller 'Rust Creek'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "'Rust' rolls into town - The State Journal". The State Journal. 2017-02-24. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Award Winners | San Diego International Film Festival". San Diego International Film Festival. Archived from the original on 2018-11-14. Retrieved 2018-12-02.