Rustam Khan Khoyski
|Rustam Khan Khoyski
Rüstəm xan Xoyski
|Minister of Social Security of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (ADR)|
December 26, 1918 – March 14, 1919
|President||Fatali Khan Khoyski Prime Minister, (Chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament)|
|Preceded by||Musa bey Rafiyev|
|Succeeded by||Valerian Klenevski|
Lieutenant General Rustam Khan Khoyski Jahangir Khan oglu (Azerbaijani: Rüstəm xan Xoyski Cahangir xan oğlu; 1888–1948) was an Azerbaijani statesman who served as the Minister of Social Security of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and was member of Azerbaijani National Council. Rustam Khan was the younger brother of a prominent Azerbaijani politician Fatali Khan Khoyski.
From the royal Khoyski family originating from Khoy later settled in Shaki, Rustam Khan Khoyski was born to the family of Azerbaijani general Isgandar Khan Khoyski in Ganja, Azerbaijan on November 5, 1988. After completing Ganja Gimnasium, he graduated from the Law Department of Saint Petersburg State University in 1913. He then worked as a judge assistant in Ganja and Baku. Rustam Khan is recognized as one of the activists of the Azerbaijani Independence Movement.
After establishment of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic on May 28, 1918 he worked as the Director of State Issues Department of Council of Ministers of ADR. When his brother Fatali Khan Khoyski formed the third cabinet of ADR, Rustam Khan was appointed the Minister of Social Security. After Bolshevik take over of Azerbaijan, Khoyski remained in the country and served as Chairman of the Azerbaijan SSR Economic Council Board. In the following years, he also worked as a corporate lawyer in Baku and Moscow.
- Azerbaijani National Council
- Cabinets of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (1918-1920)
- Current Cabinet of Azerbaijan Republic
- Vekilov, R.A. (1998). ИСТОРИЯ ВОЗНИКНОВЕНИЯ АЗЕРБАЙДЖАНСКОЙ РЕСПУБЛИКИ [History of establishment of Azerbaijan Republic] (PDF). Baku: Elm. p. 31. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- "Biographies Bank. İskəndər xan Xoyski". Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- "Biograpghies Bank. Rüstəm xan Xoyski". Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- "XOYSKİLƏRİN MƏZARLARI" [Resting places of Khoyski's]. Retrieved 2011-11-25.