This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (September 2017)
Photo from a 2008 concert
|Origin||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Genres||Roots rock, worldbeat|
Bobby Schneck Jr.
Daisie Ghost Flower
|Past members||Jim DiSpirito|
Rusted Root is an American worldbeat rock band formed in 1990 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, by singer-guitarist Michael Glabicki, bassist Patrick Norman and percussionist Liz Berlin. The band got its start as the house band playing a weekly gig in Jack's Back Room on Pittsburgh's South Side. The band achieved fame in 1994 with its platinum-selling album When I Woke, which included hit single "Send Me on My Way". The song has been featured prominently in many films and commercials. Rusted Root has sold more than three million albums.
Musical style and influences
The band is known for its fusion of acoustic, rock, world and other styles of music, with a strong percussion section that draws from African, Latin American, and Native American influences. Michael Glabicki has acknowledged the popular success of Peter Gabriel's 1986 album So as an influence on his decision to incorporate worldbeat into his own music. The band's lyrical content varies but often talks about Christianity and Judaism.
- Michael Glabicki – lead vocals, guitar, harmonica, mandolin
- Bobby Schneck Jr.– bass guitar, backing vocals, percussion
- Zil Fessler - drums, percussion
- Dirk Miller – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Daisie Ghost Flower - backing vocals
- Cruel Sun (1992)
- When I Woke (1994) US #51
- Remember (1996) US #38
- Rusted Root (1998) US #165
- Welcome to My Party (2002) US #129
- Stereo Rodeo (2009)
- The Movement (2012)
- Rusted Root Live (2004)
- The Best of Rusted Root: 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection (2005)
- Rusted Root (1990)
- Christ Monkey (1991)
- Live (1995)
- Evil Ways (1996)
- Airplane (1998)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rusted Root.|
- Bonfiglio, Jeremy D. (6 July 2014). "Staying connected to their Roots". The Herald Palladium. Retrieved 8 August 2017.