Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers
|Type||Private Vocational Education Institute|
|Affiliations||Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Education Examination, Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, University of Wolverhampton, Pearson|
Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers is a private vocational education and training (VET) institute. The institute is located on four campuses across Dahanu, Thane, Bengaluru and Rishikesh in India. Established in 2008, Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers is one of the pioneer in Vocational Education in India.
Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers was established in 2008 as a corporate social responsibility initiative of the Rustomjee Group, a real estate developer in Mumbai. Since its inception, RAGC has trained over 1 lakh students.
Accreditation and partnerships
Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers is affiliated with Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Education Examination, Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, University of Wolverhampton and Pearson. The institute has also partnered with the National Skill Development Corporation.
Skill over 5 Lakh youth to be employable and coach them to become entrepreneurs.
To give a generation of Indian World-class skill-sets, go beyond mere employment opportunities, create an entrepreneurial spirit and promise them a better future.
RAGC Dahanu: It was started in 2012 and affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Education Examination (MSBVEE) in 2013. The campus is expanded in 5 acres located in Dahanu East. It offers full-time / part time programs in automobile, electronics, business, construction, and hospitality management.
RAGC Thane: Founded in 2014, Thane campus of RAGC is located in the industrial zone of Wagle Estate. It offers Full-Time Programs in Automobile, Electrical, Construction, and Business and offers Part-Time Programs in Multi-Skill Technician – ELBS, Construction Site Supervisor, and Automotive Mechanic.
RAGC Bengaluru: Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers partnered with Prestige Group, as a part of Skill India Mission, to set up the Rustomjee Prestige Vocational Education and Training Centre in Bengaluru, in 2017. The campus offers corporate training to employees in Mechanical and Electrical sector. It also offers higher national diploma in construction and the built environment accredited by Pearson.
RAGC Rishikesh: RAGC partnered with Shri. Swami Purnanand Vidya Niketan Samiti to start a centre in Rishikesh in 2018. It offers short term vocational training courses for Pastry Chef and Multi Skilled Technician.
- Boman Rustom Irani, Chairman and Managing Director of Rustomjee Group
- Percy Chowdhry, Director of Rustomjee Group
- Kavi Luthra, Vice President of Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers
Awards and recognition
- Best Vocational Training Provider at UK-India Skills Forum Awards 2010 by FICCI and UK India Business Council
- Awarded A+ Grade by the Government of Maharashtra
- Best All India ITI in 2011-12 by Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Directorate General of Employment & Training
- Best Regional – Western India in 2011-12 by Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry and The Directorate General of Employment & Training
- Excellence in Skill Development, CREDAI Conclave 2017-18
- Best initiative in vocational and skill training at National Education Awards 2017 - ABP News
- Finalists in the Times of India Social Impact Awards, 2011
- Best Training Partner - RPL by Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council
Skill Cluster, a division of Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers was started in 2015 with an aim to take the benefit of vocational skills to the masses for immediate employment. Since its inception Skill Cluster has touched more than 40,000 lives and changed their ability to earn a better livelihood. Skill Cluster has been supported by National Skill Development Corporation, Maharashtra State Skill Development Society, Uttarakhand Skill Development Mission, Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited and Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India.
Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers Corporate Training Program was introduced to support industry members by providing gainful skill training to their existing/new employees to enhances their productivity and efficiency at work, resulting in financial gain. It aims to provide a supportive workplace for the employees promoting belongingness and job satisfaction. Over 300 employees have been upskilled under this program.
- "Dahanu Rustomjee Academy Hotel Managment Students Prepared 100 Ft Long Pizza: Current News: Latest News, Photos, Videos, Live updates and Top Headlines on Dahanu Rustomjee Academy Hotel Managment Students Prepared 100 Ft Long Pizza". abpmajha.abplive.in. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Rustomjee Academy For Global Careers: Enhancing The Employability Quotient Of Young India". www.thehighereducationreview.com. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Rustomjee Academy For Global Careers: Enhancing The Employability Quotient Of Young India". www.thehighereducationreview.com. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- Hunarr. "Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers in Thane West, Thane - Hunarr.co.in". Hunarr. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- "Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers-Maharashtra- CSR Organization profile". csrbox.org. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- "Rustomjee Group signs MoU with NSDC to skill workforce". content.magicbricks.com. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- June 17, P. T. I.; June 17, 2016UPDATED; Ist, 2016 18:40. "National Skills Development Corporation Appoints CREDAI". India Today. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "For the right home building skills". The Hindu. 2017-09-08. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- admin. "Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers (RAGC) & Fortune Park Galaxy – Member ITC hotels group collaborate to provide Career Guidance at Workshop in Vapi". Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "CREDAI launches first all-women masonsâ€™ batch in Chhattisgarh". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers Celebrates 'World Youth Skills Day' - PRN India News - Webindia123.com". news.webindia123.com. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- THSC (2018-11-26). "Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council 's 2nd National Training Partners Meet 2018 on 26th November 2018 at Delhi. @OrionEdutechPvt List of award winners and their categories. 1. Best training partner - RPL - Rustomjee Academy for globa careerpic.twitter.com/CoJFN9tgcY". @skillthsc. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- "Press Releases - CREDAI | CREDAI". credai.org. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Rustomjee Academy for Global Careers (RAGC) holds RPL Convocation". National Skills Network. 2017-06-30. Retrieved 2019-05-14.