|Chair of the California Democratic Party|
|Assumed office |
July 1, 2019
|Preceded by||Alex Gallardo-Rooker (Acting)|
|Born||1979 or 1980 (age 43–44)|
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.
|Education||Austin College (BA)|
Loyola Marymount University (JD)
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
|Unit||United States Navy Reserve|
Rusty Hicks is an American labor union activist and attorney serving as chair of the California Democratic Party. Hicks won the June 4, 2019, chairmanship election after the resignation of Eric C. Bauman.
Early life and education
Hicks was born in Fort Worth, Texas. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science and government from Austin College, before moving to Los Angeles in 2003, where he earned a Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School.
Hicks worked on the Barack Obama 2008 presidential campaign as the California political director. Hicks also worked as a legislative aide to California Assembly members Mike Gordon and Ted Lieu. Hicks is a Lieutenant in the United States Navy Reserve and lives in Pasadena, California.
- Mai-Duc, Christine; Willon, Phil (June 1, 2019). "California Democratic Party elects new chair to lead an organization pushing further left". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 13, 2020.
- "'Roos in the News - November 2014". Austin College. 2014-12-08. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Rusty Hicks - Loyola Law School, Los Angeles". www.lls.edu. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Rusty Hicks: The Next Chair of the California Democratic Party?". Los Angeles Sentinel. 2019-03-14.
- "Rusty Hicks". California Democratic Party. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "RUSTY HICKS RESIGNS AS PRESIDENT OF LA FEDERATION OF LABOR". The LA Fed. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Rusty Hicks: The Next Chair of the California Democratic Party?". Los Angeles Sentinel. 2019-03-14. Retrieved 2019-11-22.