James H. Allen
James H. Allen (May 15, 1928 – July 28, 2015) was an American actor who portrayed the clown character Rusty Nails and was the host of various children's television shows in the Portland, Oregon television market from 1957–1972. His program on KPTV was the second-longest running children's program in Portland, second only to Ramblin' Rod Anders.
Allen died on July 28, 2015, of congestive heart failure at the age of 87 after a month of hospice care surrounded by his family and friends in Portland. He was survived by his wife of 60 years, Georgia, four children and nine grandchildren.
- "Rusty Nails' Cartoons". Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- Allen, James (1998). Send in the clowns. Shiloh Publishing House. ISBN 1891879014.
- "James Allen, the beloved 'Rusty Nails,' dies at 87", by Nuran Alteir, The Oregonian
- "Beloved Portland entertainer 'Rusty Nails' dies at 87". KOIN news. July 28, 2015. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Official website at the Wayback Machine (archived April 3, 2005)
- Rusty's Hour: September 1958 to December 1959
- Rusty Nails and the Three Stooges: January 1960 to March 1962
- The Rusty Nails Cartoon Show: January 1967 to September 1972
- Kids' Comedy Theater: September 1972 to March 1973
|This Oregonian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|