|Formerly||R Taco (2015–2018)|
Dallas, Texas, United States
Number of locations
|37 as of December 2021[update]|
|Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas and Virginia|
|Rusty Fenton (founder)|
Denise Fenton (Brand Director co-founder) Steve Dunn (Co-founder and partner)
|Products||Tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, taco salads, desserts|
Number of employees
|145 (not including franchises) (2018)|
Buffalo Wild Wings (2014–2018)
Inspire Brands (2018–present)
Rusty Taco is an American-based chain of fast food restaurants originating in Dallas, Texas in 2010, by founders Rusty Fenton and his wife, Denise Fenton. Rusty Taco is a subsidiary of Inspire Brands. As of 2022[update], there are 37 restaurants in nine states.
Inspire Brands subsidiary
- "The R Taco Story". R Taco.
- DeBaun, Dan (January 30, 2017). "R Taco CEO wants to double number of locations this year". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
- Kezar, Korri (September 15, 2015). "Rusty Taco rebranding removes late co-founder's name: CEO and co-founder Steve Dunn says the new name will better preserve late co-founder Rusty Fenton's memory". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
- "Rusty Taco Returns to its Roots with Name Change". 2018-09-05.
- Robinson-Jacobs, Karen (14 September 2015). "Dallas-born Rusty Taco to become R Taco". Dallas Morning News.
- Taylor, Kate (October 7, 2018). "Arby's former CEO is building a fast-food empire". Business Insider. Retrieved November 15, 2018.