(Redirected from Rusutsu, Hokkaidō)
Rusutsu Village hall
Location of Rusutsu in Hokkaido (Shiribeshi Subprefecture)
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Shiribeshi Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Tsunehachi Baya|
|• Total||119.92 km2 (46.30 sq mi)|
|Population (September 30, 2016)|
|• Density||16/km2 (42/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Betula pendula, Japanese elm|
|• Flower||Phlox subulata|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||175 Rusutsu, Rusutsu, Abuta-gun, Hokkaido
Rusutsu is located on the southern of Shiribeshi Subprefecture. Mount Shiritsu is in the northern of the town.
- 1897: Makkari Village split off from Abuta Village (now Toyako Town).
- 1901: Kaributo Village (now Niseko Town) was split off from Makkari Village.
- 1906: Makkari Village became a Second Class Village.
- 1910: Makkari Village was transferred from Muroran Subprefecture (now Iburi Subprefecture) to Shiribeshi Subprefecture.
- 1917: Kimobetsu Village (now town) was split off from Makkari Village.
- 1922: Makkaribetsu Village (now Makkari Village) was split off from Makkari Village.
- 1925: Makkari Village changed it name to Rusutsu Village.
- High school
- Hokkaido Rusutsu High School
- Junior high school
- Rusutsu Junior High School
- Elementary school
- Rusutsu Elementary School
Notable people from Rusutsu
- Kotonofuji Muneyoshi, former sumo wrestler
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|