19 February 1946|
|Died||30 April 2015
Gunnarsson grew up in Ledberg parish. His career began with Björn Ulvaeus in the Hootenanny Singers. He went on to work with ABBA, playing on all their albums and was on their tours. He later worked on several musicals and musical events, including: Chess, Les Misérables, Rhapsody In Rock, 007, Mamma Mia!, Bananas in Pajamas, and Diggiloo. Gunnarsson also arranged strings and played bass for others, including Celine Dion, Westlife, Elton John, Adam Ant, and Bobbysocks. He produced and arranged music for artists such as Gwen Stefani, Elin Lanto, Joyride, and Alla Pugacheva.
- "THE ABBA SESSION BAND". tripod.com.
- Abba bassist Rutger Gunnarsson dies
- "ABBAs basist Rutger Gunnarsson död - Nöjesbladet - Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet.
- Rutger Gunnarsson on IMDb
- Rutger Gunnarsson at AllMusic
- This article was initially translated from the Swedish Wikipedia article.
- Anders Hanser: Rutger Gunnarsson. Bass Player, December 2000, p. 18
|This article about a Swedish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|