23 April 1924|
|Died||12 January 2016
Ruth Leuwerik (23 April 1924 – 12 January 2016) was a German film actress, one of the most popular stars of German film during the 1950s. She appeared in 34 films between 1950 and 1977. Leuwerik is probably best known for her portrayal of Maria von Trapp in the films The Trapp Family and The Trapp Family in America.
Born in Essen as Ruth Leeuwerik, she grew up there and in Münster. She began her acting career with stage roles in the late 1940s. In the 1950s she and Dieter Borsche were considered as the ideal couple of the German film. In 1962 she starred in the Helmut Käutner film Redhead, which was entered in the 12th Berlin International Film Festival. She is a five-time Bambi Award winner. Leuwerik died in Munich on 12 January 2016.
- Dreizehn unter einem Hut (1950, her film debut)
- A Heart Plays False (1953)
- His Royal Highness (1953, after Thomas Mann's novel)
- Ludwig II: Glanz und Ende eines Königs (1955)
- Rosen im Herbst (1955, after Theodor Fontane's novel Effi Briest)
- The Trapp Family (1956)
- Queen Louise (1957)
- Goodbye, Franziska (1957)
- The Trapp Family in America (1958)
- Dorothea Angermann (1959)
- The Ideal Woman (1959)
- Sweetheart of the Gods (1960)
- A Woman for Life (1960)
- Redhead (1962)
- The House in Montevideo (1963)
- Eleven Years and One Day (1963)
- Ein Alibi zerbricht (1963)
- Und Jimmy ging zum Regenbogen (1971)
- Unordnung und frühes Leid (1976)
- Derrick – Season 5, episode 4: "Ein Hinterhalt" (1978) (TV)
- Die Buddenbrooks (1979, TV miniseries, after Thomas Mann's novel)
- Derrick – Season 10, episode 4: "Der Täter schickte Blumen" (1983) (TV)
- "Schauspielerin Ruth Leuwerik ist tot". Die Welt (in German). 12 January 2016.
Kaum eine Schauspielerin war damals so oft auf den Titelseiten der Zeitschriften zu sehen wie Ruth Leuwerik. (Hardly any actress was seen as often on the title pages of magazines as Ruth Leuwerik).
- Augsburg, Ralf (13 January 2016). "Ruth Leuwerik gestorben" (in German). spielfim.de.
eine der bekanntesten und beliebtesten deutschen Schauspielerinnen der fünfziger Jahre (one of the best known and most popular German actresses of the 50s).
- "Nachkriegs-Star (Die Trapp-Familie) stirbt mit 91". Bunte (in German). 12 January 2016.
In den 50er Jahren war sie die beliebteste Schauspielerin Deutschlands. (In the 50s, she was the most popular actress in Germany.
- "Ruth Leuwerik ist tot". Der Spiegel (in German). 12 January 2016. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Redhead". Film Affinity. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
|This article about a German film actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|