|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 33rd district
|Succeeded by||Mitch Holmes|
A farmer and a banker from Stafford, she is married to Dennis Teichman.
Teichman served on these legislative committees:
- Financial Institutions and Insurance (chair)
- Natural Resources (vice-chair)
- Organization, Calendar and Rules
- Joint Committee on Pensions, Investments and Benefits
- Ways and Means
Some of the top contributors to Teichman's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics:
- Ruth Teichman (self-finance), Kansas Association of Realtors, Koch Industries, Kansas National Education Association, Kansas Hospital Association, American Family Insurance, Farmers Insurance Group
Financial, insurance and real estate companies were her largest donor group.