Rutherford Ness Robertson
In 1939, Robertson completed a Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) at St John's College, Cambridge. Also in 1939, Robertson became Assistant Lecturer, and later Lecturer in Botany at the University of Sydney. From 1952 to 1955 he was Senior Principal Research Officer at the CSIRO Division of Food Preservation and Transport.
Honours and awards
- 1954 Elected Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science
- 1955 Awarded Clarke Medal by the Royal Society of New South Wales.
- 1961 Elected Fellow of the Royal Society 
- 1968 Awarded CMG 
- 1972 Knighted 
- 1975 Awarded Macfarlane Burnet Medal and Lecture by the Australian Academy of Science 
- 1980 Awarded Companion of the Order of Australia (AC).
- "Companion of the Order of Australia". It's an Honour. 26 January 1980.
AC AUST DAY 1980. KTB NY72. CMG QB68. FOR SERVICE TO BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- "The Order of St Michael and St George - Companion". It's an Honour. 8 June 1968.
Services to education & scientific research
- "Knight Bachelor". It's an Honour. 1 January 1972.
Services to science & education
- "Robertson, Rutherford Ness (1913 - 2001)". Biographical entry. Encyclopedia of Australian Science. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Robertson, Sir Rutherford Ness (1913–2001)". Obituaries Australia. National Centre of Biography, Australian National University.
- Marshall D. Hatch; Barry (C.B.) Osmond; Joseph T. Wiskich. "Rutherford Ness Robertson 1913-2001". Biographical memoirs. Australian Academy of Science. Originally published in Historical Records of Australian Science, vol.14, no.4, 2003.
- "Robertson, Rutherford Ness, FAA, FRS (1913-2001)". trove.nla.gov.au.
- "Sir Rutherford Robertson". 2001 Academy Yearbook. Royal Society of New Zealand.
- "Fellow details". Royal Society. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Macfarlane Burnet Medal and Lecture". Australian Academy of Science. Retrieved 22 February 2017.