Rutherford Township, Martin County, Indiana
Looking west on County Road 950 South from U.S. 231, in Rutherford Township
Location in Martin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.39 sq mi (91.7 km2)|
|• Land||34.81 sq mi (90.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.58 sq mi (1.5 km2) 1.64%|
|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
|• Density||21.8/sq mi (8.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47527, 47553|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||453818|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.39 square miles (91.7 km2), of which 34.81 square miles (90.2 km2) (or 98.36%) is land and 0.58 square miles (1.5 km2) (or 1.64%) is water.
- South Martin at
The township contains Holtsclaw, Truelove, White River, Inman, South Martin, and Mount Zion Cemeteries.
- Loogootee Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 63
- State Senate District 48
- "Rutherford Township, Martin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.