Rutland Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Brian Pincott|
|• Total||0.9 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,125 m (3,691 ft)|
|• Average Income||$46,545|
|Website||Rutland Park Community Association|
Rutland Park is an inner city residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by Richmond Road and 33 Avenue, to the east by Crowchild Trail, to the south by Glenmore Trail and to the west by 37 Street W.
The area was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1910 (under the name Sarcee Park ) and Rutland Park was established in 1952. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 11 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $46,545 in 2000, and there were 15.5% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 13.2% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 8.9% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 53% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Sir James Lougheed Elementary public school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Rutland Park Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- Johnston, Emeley (1975). Communities six : Calgary grows to the northeast and southwest. Century Calgary Publications. p. 49.
- Calgary Communities. "Rutland Park Community". Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 8 Profile" (PDF)."Ward 11 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.
|Glamorgan||Lincoln Park||Lincoln Park|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|