Rutland Township, Kane County, Illinois
Location in Kane County
Kane County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (94 km2)|
|• Land||36.22 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.22%|
|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||22,713|
|• Density||519.2/sq mi (200.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60118, 60123, 60136, 60140, 60142|
Rutland Township is one of sixteen townships in Kane County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 18,806 and it contained 8,004 housing units. It was originally called Jackson Township; the name was changed to Rutland on July 2, 1850.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.3 square miles (94 km2), of which 36.22 square miles (93.8 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.22%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Algonquin (west edge)
- Carpentersville (partial)
- Elgin (partial)
- Gilberts (vast majority)
- Hampshire (east edge)
- Huntley (partial)
- Pingree Grove (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
Airports and landing strips
- Koppie Airport
- Landings Condominium Airport
- Olivers Heliport
- Reid RLA Airport
The township contains these two cemeteries: Buena Vista and Saint Mary's Catholic.
- Community Unit School District 300
- Huntley Consolidated School District 158
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 49
- State Senate District 25
- "Rutland Township, Kane County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.